Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bali Vs. Jogjakarta (indonesian) Silver Jewelry

Yesterday I found the website from Indonesia named Balidoll.com that sells the Silver Jewelry. (Unfortunately it used Bahasa and no English option). It’s Ok for me, I just want to watch their collection.
First I read that name is Balidoll.com, I think that collection have to come from Bali. When I
watch their collection, then I found that there are many collection come from Jogjakarta (Jogjakarta). Why did I say that? Silver Jewelry from Bali and Jogja is very differing at its individuality. I will mention that right here.
Bali Silver Jewelry
Silver jewelry style from Bali is tending to thicker than others from Jogja, because it’s playing in correctness compile of the motif and form of the three dimension characters. Most of the Bali Silver Jewelry also forms by the solid silver.Let say the rings or pendants from Bali, We could see that there are made from solid frame silver which carved look like with the Bali ornaments style.
Jogjakarta Silver Jewelry
Silver Jewelry from Jogjakarta has a unique style, they playing with filigree and form of the silver yarn. It makes the Jogja silver Jewelry tend to attenuate than Bali ones. Jogja silver style made by jointing the yarn till form the framework.As the filigree style we will find
the high art which really hand made by human being. The Jogja silver jewelry style cannot make with casting machine. It has to hand made. As the other hand made, then the Jogja silver jewelry not accurately equal from one to the others, although it had the same models.
After visit and looking at the website collections, I try to call the store owner Mr. Sutrisno Lamin, to confirming what I watch at his website.Mr. Sutrisno Lamin said that, He made the silver jewelry collections not limited to the Bali or Jogja style, but he called his collections by Indonesian style.
After all Mr. Lamin mention that he produce the silver by collecting of the traditional handicrafts worker group and outsource the production to them. He gives that group the silver to be made to the jewelry and then controlling the quality of the jewelry their made, that’s all. With that system he claims that many handicraft worker groups can get the better life by doing his working order. Sure, that was interesting to me.
One of other interesting ones is that he outsources his jewelry working order to the handicraft worker group at Kotagede town in Jogjakarta. So have I done wrong when I said that the Balidoll.com silver jewelry style
is the Jogjakarta style? Let’s prove together.

No comments:

Post a Comment